Globalshift Limited - copyright © 2009 to 2020; All rights reserved.                   

Some data in the website may not be the most recent available       Home | Terms of use | Datafiles

All countries | Contact us


Picture Gallery CHARTS & DATA


Apr 2021: Petronas has formalized a unitization agreement with Brunei for the Gumusut-Kakap and Geronggong-Jagus East fields which straddle the maritime boundary. Shell’s Gumusut-Kakap field in Malaysia is in 1,200m of water. Production began in October 2014.


Aug 2020: Maersk Drilling has secured a 20-month extension for the Maersk Convincer jack-up rig with Brunei Shell starting from May 2021 at a contract value of around US$47 mm. The rig is currently drilling development wells on the Seria field.


Dec 2019: Fugro has completed a geophysical survey and interpretation for Shell in 600 m of water which will be used for planning a drilling program and aid pipeline routing and design of subsea structures for future deep water developments.

Nov 2019: The Kelidang and Keratau fields are at the finishing stages of pre-FEED work, conducted by Aker Solutions. Both fields will begin FEED soon, with Petronas (operator, 45%) expected to tender for an FPU and subsea facilities in 2020.


No significant news in 2018.


Apr 2017: Brunei Shell Petroleum Company made its first significant onshore discovery in 37 years with the Layang-Layang well in the Lumut area. It is a shale diapir trap within the Seria Field.


No significant news in 2016.


No significant news in 2015.


Nov 2014: Shell has awarded McDermott a 3-year contract to install pipelines and umbilicals for the offshore Champion and Ampa fields after installing 4 jackets  for the Champion Waterflood B2/3 development.

Feb 2014: Technip has been awarded a contract by Total for engineering, procurement, supply, construction and commissioning (EPSCC) to modify onshore facilities and construct a new onshore pipeline to transport Maharaja Lela & Jamalulalam South (MLJS) gas to the Brunei Liquefied Natural Gas (BLNG) plant. The project is scheduled to complete in the second half of 2015.


Dec 2013: A discovery has been reported in deep water Block CA-2 in the Baram Delta. The Keratau-1 well targeted a Pliocene turbidite on trend with discoveries in Sabah. The well is 8kms SE of the Kelidang NE-1 well, an earlier discovery in the block. Petronas is operator (45%) with Murphy (30%), Shell (12.5%), ConocoPhilips (6.25%) and Mitsubishi (6.25%).

Jun 2013: Kulczyk Oil Ventures (KOV) has announced that the exploratory well on its Lukut Updip Prospect on Brunei Block L has commenced and is expected to take 40 days to drill. The well is operated by AED with a 90% interest which is a subsidiary of KOV. The remaining 10% is owned by a private Brunei company. Block L covers onshore and offshore areas. The first 2 exploration wells, Lempuyang-1 and Lukut-1, were drilled in 2010 in the onshore south and both encountered hydrocarbons.

Southeast Asia


E and P


Brunei Datafiles

Excel files - histories and forecasts of production and wells in any category for all countries and regions